I apologize for the long drought of postings. Employment is such a time consuming thing. But here is just a little nugget or two of information before I post some big things that will be much more interesting.
Kurt Vonnegut is one of those authors who has managed to escape my all-encompassing reading-mind, which is much like the mouth of a baleen whale. I've heard about his books, and he is a Cornellian of the most illustrious sort. I plan to read his books soon, but I have read some of his short essays here and there. I think you'll enjoy them, so here is a hodgepodge of some of his essays: http://www.countercurrents.org/us-kurtvonnegurt130504.htm
And from the same website is an article that partially confirmed some of the reservations I had about Mel Gibson's latest masterpiece of violence and gore: "Apocalypto." The movie left me feeling kind of funny, like something was not right with the flavor...it left a bad taste in my mouth, let's just say. A few weeks later, I came upon this article, and it offered some explanations for this unsavoriness: http://www.countercurrents.org/arts-santos171206.htm There was something about that near-final shot of the Spaniards on the boat that just rubbed me the wrong way. This might explain why, but I'm not making any conclusions yet. One can write a research paper on this, anyone? I'll pay you in tapir balls.
Dan
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thank god the spaniards colonized the mayans or else you and i may be eating tapir balls right now. yikes.
i don't think so.
Post a Comment